Now Accepting Manuscripts
The PRC’s Journal of School Administration Research and Development (ISSN: 2470-8496, print & ISSN: 2470-850X, online) is now accepting manuscripts for our Summer 2018 issue. The Journal of School Administration Research and Development is indexed by Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC), a free online library of education research sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education.
Please review the mission and scope and submission guidelines below before submitting your manuscript. The deadline to submit manuscripts for our Summer 2018 issue is January 31st, 2018. Questions regarding submissions should be directed to: editor@JSARD.org
Mission and Scope
The Journal of School Administration Research and Development is an open-access and peer-reviewed journal, accepting manuscripts from researchers and practitioners in the field of education. Topics of interests are student achievement, professional development, innovative educational practices, human resources, and other related educational topics. Manuscripts are accepted in the following categories: (1) Original research, (2) Evidenced-based practice, (3) Literature reviews, (4) Commentary, and (5) Book Reviews.
All manuscripts should be formatted in conformance with the Publication Manual for the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th edition. Charts, figures, pictures, and tables should be included within the manuscript where they are referenced. Please limit your the number of charts and figures to three (3). Additionally, references should be included following the end of the text of the manuscript. Manuscripts should be submitted by email in Microsoft Word as one document. Please do not send manuscripts under consideration by other journals or magazines.
Length of Manuscripts Should be as Follows:
- Research articles should be between 2,000-7,000* words including all charts, figures, tables, and references.
- Evidenced-based practice articles should be between 800-2000* words (including references).
- Literature reviews should be between 1000-2000* words (including references).
- Commentary should be between 500-2000* words.
- Book reviews should be 500-800* words.
*If your manuscript does not conform to the above guidelines, we will make every effort to accommodate its length. Any changes in length will be made only through discussion with the author. If you have questions regarding the guidelines please feel free to contact us at editor@JSARD.org.
Title Page Must Include the Following:
- Full title of the article
- Author(s) first and last name(s), with terminal degree (e.g., MS, PhD, EdD).
- University department and/or school district (if no affiliation write “no affiliation”).
- Email, physical address, and phone number of the contact person.
Abstract and Key Words (for research articles only):
- Author(s) must provide an abstract of no longer than 150 words.
- Author(s) should provide 3-5 key words or phrases.
Implications for Researchers and Practitioners:
Please include a section titled “Implications” for researchers and/or practitioners as applicable.
Manuscripts that meet the minimum requirements for publication will then be sent out for two blind-peer reviews. Peer-reviewer comments and recommendations will be sent to the editorial board for a final publication decision (accept, revise, resubmit, or not accepted). You should receive notification that your manuscript was received within 48 hours of submission and a publication decision should follow within 8-10 weeks.
If you have questions regarding submission information or your submission please contact us: editor@JSARD.org or write to us at: